Patient Satisfaction When Considering Ambulance Billing Service
What are the things that would affect the patient's satisfaction when calling for an ambulance billing service?
When selecting a billing service from the patient's perspective, I think the following are important:
- Patient payments being promptly and accurately applied to their account.
- A phone number where the patient can reach someone to ask questions or explain a bill. It's important the billing service returns patient calls promptly if they can't answer the phone right away.
- A courteous, patient, and professional billing service that can diplomatically handle sometimes angry and irrational patients.
- Timely and accurate patient statements.
- Easy to read statements - so they can see what insurance paid and what the patient is responsible for.
Probably the biggest source of complaints from patients that I've seen is that the patient can't reach anyone to explain their statement (bill), the statement hard to read, or the billing service is not showing credit for payments made. Also if the statements don't have enough info it's hard for the patient to determine what they are being billed for.
Hope this answers your question Sid - thanks!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Questions.
Mar 31, 18 09:47 AM
Besides networking .. visiting their offices, how else can you attract their business? When you close the collections month, how do you bill the physicians?
Mar 31, 18 09:36 AM
I have a potential client that is requested claim scrubbing resolutions (only corrections on claims submission errors) and insurance verification on the
Mar 31, 18 09:28 AM
The provider that I bill for just advised that he has a new tax ID. What is the process for this change? Would every insurance company need to be contacted?
Disclaimer and Privacy
Copyright 2022 All-Things-Medical-Billing.com