Listed below are the top 5 highest-rated medical billing software vendors based on highest user rating. There are hundreds of medical billing software providers, so we attempted to vet them down to a handful based on the highest user rating, affordability, and enough user reviews to give a sampling. They are listed alphabetically – not in order of rating.
This listing could just as easily be titled “Highest Rated Practice Management Software” since they all offer many standard practice management features. Some even have EMR features.
Criteria for selecting these:
- Can be used for many specialties.
- Have a large number of user reviews. Some medical billing software may be rated higher, but they have a small number of reviews or tailored to a particular specialty.
- Are reasonably priced. All but one of these listed have an affordability of 2 out of 5 or lower.
Many of these are described as software “suites,” which means they perform multiple functions in addition to medical billing.
One observation about user reviews for the highest-rated medical billing software is listed below. When you look at all the reviews, even the best have some bad reviews due to bad user experiences or expectations. This may be because the software works better with certain specialties.
Bad user reviews may also be due to the differences in office practices and organization – basically, how they do things where the software “gets in the way” and doesn’t complement their office practices or processes. It can also be due to resistance to change that comes anytime you introduce a new tool – regardless of how good it is.
drchrono EHR is a patient care platform that offers customization at the point of care and on the go. In addition to EHR, drchrono also includes scheduling, billing and patient reminders. It is available on iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch. Healthcare….Read More
NueMD offers a comprehensive suite of software and services for practices of all sizes. NueMD is an integrated appointment scheduling, practice management/medical billing, electronic health recording, and medical billing solution….Read More
Our affiliate Software Advice compiled these user reviews out of over 288 providers.
When the highest-rated medical billing software, besides cost and user ratings, you should also consider:
- Dedicated function versus a software suite. Suite means the software can perform multiple functions in addition to medical billing, such as patient scheduling, EMR, insurance verification, etc.
- Platform: cloud (web) or locally installed and maintained. Cloud-based requires less IT support or backup on your part. However, your practice should have a reliable internet connection. Web-based software is also sometimes called SaaS – which stands for Software as a Service.
- Ease of use.
- Support when you have problems.
- Installed base – How many practices or facilities are already using this software?
- HIPAA security and privacy compliance.
For help and guidance in selecting a medical billing or practice management software, we recommend contacting Software Advice – it’s FREE and they can help you narrow down the best software for your situation.