Help Getting Started in Medical Billing
by Ronda Cope
I have been in the medical field for over 30 years and now I want to move forward in starting my own in-home medical billing service. I am taking a course right now and would like to put in place some things. I just don't know where to start and how to get the doctor's trust me with doing their medical billing.
Also I just don't know where to begin! Is there someone out there that is willing to help me with getting started with just some ideals? Please contact me at: [email protected]
Thank you so much in advance!
Thanks for your question Ronda. We'll post your question for our visitors to offer suggestions and advice in getting started. This will also be posted on our blog.
From my experience getting a client doctor's trust is one of the biggest challenges in getting started. The biggest help for me were the contacts I made working for a billing service.
A other ideas suggested from visitors are:
- Offer free trial of your services - may be one month free if they sign a contract for your services.
- Offer free in-house lunch and learn for office staff on a topic related to office practices and billing - like HIPAA privacy.
- Offer a free review of the Accounts Receivables or their office practices and offer suggestions to reduce or improve.
- Establish yourself as an expert in billing or coding issues with a regular newsletter, email newsletter, or local blog.
- Hand out business flyers and business cards with goodies like donuts or cookies for the office manager. Make sure your info sells your services, accomplishments, and demonstrates you know how to get their claims paid.
These are just a few ideas - hope this helps.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Questions.
Mar 31, 18 09:47 AM
Besides networking .. visiting their offices, how else can you attract their business? When you close the collections month, how do you bill the physicians?
Mar 31, 18 09:36 AM
I have a potential client that is requested claim scrubbing resolutions (only corrections on claims submission errors) and insurance verification on the
Mar 31, 18 09:28 AM
The provider that I bill for just advised that he has a new tax ID. What is the process for this change? Would every insurance company need to be contacted?
Disclaimer and Privacy
Copyright 2022 All-Things-Medical-Billing.com