Dislikes of Medical Billing
(long beach ca)
What part of your job would you say you dislike or is complicated?
Here's a list of my least favorite things a medical billing specialist has to deal with:
- Dealing with Medicare - as with any government agency they can be frustrating.
- Unpaid or rejected claims - they can require a lot of time and investigation to resolve.
- Also angry or difficult patients who call with account problems or billing issues.
- Difficult or ungrateful doctors that don't appreciate the effort and time put into making sure they get paid - and don't understand the sometimes significant effort it takes to resolve billing problems.
- EOB's (Explanation of Benefits) that are difficult to read or interpret.
But I would say this job doesn't involve a lot of time dealing with the negative things - they are few and far between for the most part.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Questions.
Mar 31, 18 09:47 AM
Besides networking .. visiting their offices, how else can you attract their business? When you close the collections month, how do you bill the physicians?
Mar 31, 18 09:36 AM
I have a potential client that is requested claim scrubbing resolutions (only corrections on claims submission errors) and insurance verification on the
Mar 31, 18 09:28 AM
The provider that I bill for just advised that he has a new tax ID. What is the process for this change? Would every insurance company need to be contacted?
Disclaimer and Privacy
Copyright 2018 All-Things-Medical-Billing.com