Dislikes of Medical Billing
(long beach ca)
What part of your job would you say you dislike or is complicated?
Here's a list of my least favorite things a medical billing specialist has to deal with:
- Dealing with Medicare - as with any government agency they can be frustrating.
- Unpaid or rejected claims - they can require a lot of time and investigation to resolve.
- Also angry or difficult patients who call with account problems or billing issues.
- Difficult or ungrateful doctors that don't appreciate the effort and time put into making sure they get paid - and don't understand the sometimes significant effort it takes to resolve billing problems.
- EOB's (Explanation of Benefits) that are difficult to read or interpret.
But I would say this job doesn't involve a lot of time dealing with the negative things - they are few and far between for the most part.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Questions.
Mar 19, 18 03:43 PM
We are working with a toxicology lab and using CLIA cups. I am getting such conflicting information as to what my practice can bill for. I want to make
Mar 12, 18 03:21 PM
Hi. I am an LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) in Arkansas. I am not eligible to bill Medicare. My client has Medicare part B primary and BCBS secondary.
Mar 07, 18 07:45 PM
Hi. Thinking about a career in medical billing and coding and would like to become certified in medical coding if I go that route. What's the cheapest
Disclaimer and Privacy
Copyright 2018 All-Things-Medical-Billing.com