Dislikes of Medical Billing
(long beach ca)
What part of your job would you say you dislike or is complicated?
Here's a list of my least favorite things a medical billing specialist has to deal with:
- Dealing with Medicare - as with any government agency they can be frustrating.
- Unpaid or rejected claims - they can require a lot of time and investigation to resolve.
- Also angry or difficult patients who call with account problems or billing issues.
- Difficult or ungrateful doctors that don't appreciate the effort and time put into making sure they get paid - and don't understand the sometimes significant effort it takes to resolve billing problems.
- EOB's (Explanation of Benefits) that are difficult to read or interpret.
But I would say this job doesn't involve a lot of time dealing with the negative things - they are few and far between for the most part.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Questions.
Oct 23, 17 09:16 PM
How common is it that a company would allow you to work from home as well as working at night so you can be with your children during the day? I'm an
Oct 23, 17 09:15 PM
Hi! I am contemplating starting my own medical billing business and I was wondering if I should get my medical billing certificate from AAPC or some other
Oct 23, 17 08:57 PM
What is the CPT code for 'Male Hormone Panel' ...testosterone/estrogen/PSA/IGF- 1 /DHEA -Sulfate/ Progesterone Response: We'll post in hopes our Visitors
Disclaimer and Privacy
Copyright 2017 All-Things-Medical-Billing.com